Nothing good ever happens after you are drunk

"As I woke up in the morning, I saw him next to me..."

Disclaimer: All characters appearing in this work are non fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is not purely coincidental.

The great Theodore Mosby once said that "Nothing ever good happens after 2am", for those of you who do not know who he is, please look up "How I met your mother". It was the night of April 17, 2007. It was to be a night of legend-wait for it-dairy proportions. After almost four years of college, the ups, the downs and the in-betweens, I was in the last stretch of the marathon. As seniors, it was tradition to throw the annual "Hostel night". Unfortunately, the party had to be in the middle of the week and I was one of the unfortunate ones to have a lab exam the next day. Photos show that I reached the party at around 7pm and between 7.15pm and 7.20pm, I remember gulping down three shots of Whiskey. By 7.40pm, a lot was going though my head... "I have a lab exam tomorrow", "when the hell is the bloody Whiskey going to kick in!". By 7.50pm I grew tired of waiting and decided to speed up the process. Two shots later, the rest of the night turned into a bit of a blur. I remember dancing, I remember singing and I definitely remember sitting in an auto.

As I woke up in the morning, I saw him next to me... he was on the floor, I was comfortably in bed, with all my clothes on, so don't get any ideas! At the mess during breakfast, they told me that I was sitting in the auto waiting for it to start for a good hour and never said a word. It was then I remember I had the damn lab exam! To make things worse, I realized that I hadn't written the last four experiments. I ran to the other hostel where my lab partner was. Lucky for me... he hadn't written anything either! It was 8am, I had forty minutes to the exam, had a killer hangover (the paracetamol was only starting to kick in) and had no idea about what to do in the lab. In twenty minutes, I managed to finish writing the experiments, one hurdle down. I read the experiements and hoped that I would get one of the easy ones. Turns out it was my lucky day. The last hurdle was the lab viva. As I stood waiting for the last challenge, my friend gave me a shock, he said he could smell the alcohol. Praying for another hail Mary pass I ended up getting a seat as far away from the professor as possible. The rest as they say is history... I ended up getting an A+ in the lab, fyi, it pays to volunteer sometimes! In the interest of maintaining confidentiality, I shall not reveal the person who or how I woke up with. In the words of Barney... "True Story". So who says nothing good every happens after your drunk or after 2am?

PS: I mentioned 'Photos showed I reached by 7pm' because I really don't remember much else!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George 7:31

Red Light...! Green Light...!

Crossroads