Miss Natalie, in the bedroom, death by candlestick

When it comes to pillows, I always say, the more the merrier! Back in college, I had two of them, I called them Natalie and Natasha. The origins of the names are for another day, this story however, is one of MURRRRRDER!

After growing up in the desert, winters with the temperatures going below five degrees was a new thing for me. However, the engineering student in me had found a considerable ally in the form of insulation.

On one particular cold night, I was fast asleep under my blankie. I had no intention of catching the 8 am lecture the next day. It was shortly after midnight when I was woken up my a strange smell. I looked around and quickly took attendance, but Natalie was missing...

I turned the lights on and to my surprise, she and the room heater had decided to make babies on the floor. The "sparks" were quite literal in this case. The room had already filled with smoke and insulation had turned it into a death trap, clearly Natalie didn't like me spending time with Natasha! Lucky for me, Natasha came to the rescue and woke me up just before Mr Monoxide had his way with me.

 PS: I live to fight another day!

Comments

  1. Miss. As(s)-Phyxiation was warming up to join the party. Alas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

George 7:31

Red Light...! Green Light...!

Crossroads